With traditional on-board cameras you get nice videos. With SmartyCam you get much more: because SmartyCam records your technical data together with videos. So you can analyze your sessions and ...improve your performance!
Weight 210g, battery included
Display resolution 128x160 pixel
Lens Multi-element glass lens with infrared filter
Diagonal field of view 79°
Focal length 3.88mm (equivalent to 24mm in a 35mm camera)
Internal battery Rechargeable lithium battery – 2.000 mAh 3.7 Volt
Battery charge 700 mAh
Battery duration Up to3 hours acquisition
External power 9-15 Volt
Memory Up to 16 Gb
Memory capability 1 hour recording = about 2 Gb
Movies format H.264 -720x400 pixel @ 30fps
Accelerometer tri-axial ± 5G
Usage temperatures -20°C/+60°C
Auto Power ON Yes, if connected to an AIM logger
Auto Power OFF Yes
Auto Start/Stop Recording Yes
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I want to use SmartyCam sometime in standalone and sometime in slave, which SmartyCam and addition cable do I have to order?
SmartyCam is the same in both installation. You can use it in stand alone and in slave without any change.
The cables can be different: to connect it to an AIM Logger, you have to order the CAN connection cable, while for a stand alone installation - in case you need the external power - you have to order the Power cable.
2. Will SmartyCam function as datalogger in this system (ECU--MXL--SmartyCam)?
SmartyCam is not a logger. Our technicians are studying the possibility to record data in the internal SD Card, but only when connected to an AIM logger, (i.e. to a MyChron4, MXL Pista/PRO or EVO logger), but now it is not yet possible.
3. Can the SmartyCam GPS be seen by my logger?
Yes, you can use the SmartyCam GPS like the normal GPS Module (GPS03) if you have an AIM Logger that can normally be connected to that module.
4. Can I view SmartyCam videos in Race Studio?
We are developping the software for offering this feature. Currently it is not possible.
5. How fast is the GPS?
6. What type of mounting is available for SmartyCam? Roll-bar mount, windscreen mount?
See the accessories section.
7. Which is priority given if SmartyCam is connected to Logger to which GPS module is already connected?
In case there is an external GPS module, the external one has the priority and SmartyCam looks at it, not at the internal one. This becouse, in some situations (close cars with metallic roof) SmartyCam can be installed in position where it is hard to get a good gps signal. By the way, you can also connect an external GPS to SmartyCam WITHOUT the presence of a logger.
8. Is a zoom function available?
Yes, with X2 multiplicative factor.
9. Can SmartyCam GPS send data (via CAN) to the logger? In other words, can SmartyCam substitute the separate GPS module?
Yes: SmartyCam GPS allows to visualize GPS data on the video as well as to communicate these data to the connected logger (at 10 Hz). One of the next firmware releases will make it possible to record on the SD card the video AND the data.
10. Recording process started when I switched the engine on, even if "Auto Rec" function was disabled. Why?
This happens when SmartyCam is used in slave mode because in this situation it receives an RPM input. "Auto Rec" function can be disabled just depending on acceleration, not on RPM: so, when engine switches on, recording process starts automatically.
11. Which is the recommended video files download process: using SmartyManager software or copying files directly from microSD
to the PC?
It is much more rapid to copy video files directly from microSD